A Wolf Pack of Wearables!

This can't be real. Surely this much Lupine awesomeness doesn't exist on more than one garment? It does make me feel like I was "Born to Roam," like surely I'm wasting my life by sitting here in corporate America. I should be out there, like a lone wolf, answering to no one, howling at the moon, wearing my sweater with the steely eyed determination of the very wolf emblazoned upon it! It can only lead to fortune and glory... after all, there is another poly-cotton blend wolf creation that took the world and its wearers by storm...

...and it's modeled here by my good friend, Travis Arket, crab-fisherman, adventurer, t-shirt aficionado, proud owner of the legendary 3 WOLF MOON. He's a man who knows what he wants, wolf clothing. He's a man knows what he was born to do. He was "born to roam."

Obviously, it's cold outside. There is snow on the ground, and you are bundled in a sweater and scarf. You have however, neglected a hat, and you're wearing ... jorts. JORTS, in the winter. I don't care how warm you say your leggings and boots are. They're not. I own them, and they don't keep you warm, and wearing jorts in the winter is ridiculous. However, your H&M wolf sweater is pretty fierce, so I guess I can forgive you... but hypothermia won't.

Speaking of hypothermia, let's head to Sitka, Alaska! Ah, Sitka, how I miss you. Sitka's a little patch of land on Baranof Island in Southeast AK.  One thing that sets Sitka apart from most any other town in Alaska is that it has a surf shop. Yes, a surf shop. I've been there, and have my own "Euphoria is the first stage of hypothermia" t-shirt to prove it. I don't know if there's any association with this Sitka design and that shop, but I can imagine this would be the perfect thing to warm you up and show some local pride after a day in the, I can assure you, cold Alaskan water.

This is crazy. This is crazy in a totally awesome way. It's a 3-D sweater by Mashallah Design. (More pics on the site.) The wolf head is like RIGHT. THERE. on your shoulder. Everything about this is crazy artistic, from the way the different seams look like folded paper, to the fact that the wolf head is so excellently rendered! I kind of want to see it worn, but I kind of don't. I'm afraid some hipster kid with his white-studded belt, black-framed fake glasses, and ill conceived skinny jeans will ruin it for me.

The story behind the piece:

AFTER HEARING A STORY ABOUT A BOY BROUGHT UP BY A WOLF I WANTED THIS MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE. THE WOLF WOULD HAVE ACCOMPANIED MY NOCTURNAL WANDERINGS, WOULD HAVE EAGERLY SHARED MY RECONNAISSANCES AND SOMETIMES MY THUNDEROUS SIGHS.

Awesome.

Remember when I was talking about that hipster kid? Yeah. He's not exactly what I meant, but he's close enough. I'd say there's a bit of hipster in him, but more than a dash of emo making up the difference. This is actually the exact same sweater that "Jorts" is wearing... and I believe it's made an appearance on this blog in a previous post. As a matter of fact, I know it has. If you haven't ever seen my post about Skants, take a moment to familiarize yourself, and then feel bad for the future of humanity.

This makes me think of my 1980s childhood. There was nothing better as a kid than a busy sweater emblazoned with your favorite animal. I had many a glittery kitten in my wardrobe. This is obviously a sweater for an adventurous little boy or rough and tumble little girl. A lone, disembodied wolf head surveying its territory, the snow capped mountains of... somewhere rising high behind him. What more does a kid need? Glitter need not apply.

And of course, as an adult, why not continue your love of disembodied wolf heads, though now, they snarl with the ferocity of full grown rage! And what better place to display such a beast than a soft, purple sweater dress?

rarevintage
Soft. purple. sweater. dress. HOWL AT THE MOOOOOOOOOON!

Comments

a voice said…
can i just take a moment to say....you totally crack me up love the pics, the sarcasm and dare i say it...clothes.
Thank you! I'm glad you've enjoyed the post! What can I say? I do have a great love for sarcasm and horrible clothing! :)

The Best of The Ugly Sweater